The Bad Old Days
November 02, 2018
How easily we forget. There’s a reason Democrats were voters took control of Congress away from Democrats in 2010. Democrats had overstepped, giving us Obamacare … massive new regulations on business … the weakest economic recovery in history … record high unemployment … higher taxes … and astronomic new spending that produced record-high deficits.
Today, thanks to new pro-growth policies by President Trump and Republicans, regulations have been reigned in, taxes cut, the rate of federal spending reduced, our economy thriving, and more people employed than ever before.
So why would we ever want to go back? And make no mistake, if Democrats win, they will take us back to the bad old days. Even worse, they’re advocating policies today even more radical than the liberal policies that so weakened the economy and hurt families when they were in control before.
Here’s a quick list of just a few of the leftist policies most Democrat candidates for Congress today are promising us if they take control:
- Take guns from law abiding Americans.
- Pass Medicare-For-All, no matter the cost or who will actually pay it.
- Medicare-For-All, even though it will reduce quality and increase cost. We can be sure their government health care plan means we’ll have fewer doctors, they’ll make less money, and their services will be in greater demand. It can only lead to longer waiting times and health care rationing.
- Higher taxes on everything, including businesses, personal income, gasoline, sales, and state and local fees.
- Open borders, allow anyone in who wants in without proper vetting to determine whether they’re criminals, terrorists, or just want to get welfare and free health care.
- Open Borders without knowing whether those who come will learn English, become productive, or reject American culture and insist on establishing and maintaining their own.
- Elimination of ICE, the one agency responsible for arresting illegals who break our laws.
- More sanctuary states, cities and towns committed to protecting criminal illegal immigrants from federal law enforcement authorities.
- Free education for illegals, and free college for all; again, with no plan to pay for it.
- Roll back the Trump tax cuts, and replace them with give away programs that discourage work, and reward those who vote for Democrats.
- Opening the flood gates bringing more muslims into America with little or no vetting
This is just a small sample of what we can expect if Democrats regain control. Most important, Democrats are rapidly embracing the conversion of our Republic to what they call Democratic Socialism. It means bigger, more expensive, more intrusive government. They’ll impose more regulations, enforce political correctness, restrict freedom of speech, increase costs for everything, and substantially reduce the quality of education.
If that’s really what you want for your family, yourself, and your country, then go ahead and vote Democrat.
But if you cherish your freedoms, want to keep more of the money you earn, and want a smaller, more frugal, more responsive government, then make sure you vote to keep Republicans in Congress. Otherwise, the bad old days, except worse, will be here again.
John Philip Sousa IV is an entrepreneur, political activist, author and accomplished business person. John has worked in the financial services industry for over 40 years, built a highly successful marketing company, ran for congress at age 24, and in 2016 created and led the successful movement to draft Dr Ben Carson into his candidacy for President of the United States. John is author of John Philip Sousa, A Patriot’s Life in Words and Pictures and Ben Carson, RX for America.